Social Security Tribunal of Canada

EI General Division: First level of appeal

Appeal a reconsideration decision from Service Canada

You got your Employment Insurance (EI) decision from Service Canada, and you don’t agree with it. What now? 

  • First, ask Service Canada to reconsider the decision. Service Canada will ask the Canada Employment Insurance Commission (CEIC) to review your request and the reasons why you disagree. They’ll send you a reconsideration decision. 

You need a reconsideration decision before you can appeal to the Social Security Tribunal (SST). 

Date modified: