Social Security Tribunal of Canada

Help from other people or organizations

You don’t need a representative to appeal to the Social Security Tribunal (SST). You can represent yourself. But if you want to have someone represent you, you can. 

A representative is someone who helps you and advocates for you during your appeal. Your representative can be a friend, a family member, a lawyer, or another professional. They speak for you and handle paperwork for you.  

For more information on what representatives do and on adding, changing or removing your representative, see: Representatives

Date modified:

Did you find what you were looking for?


Any information you share here will be anonymous. You won’t get a reply. If you want a reply, please contact us directly.

Thanks for your feedback!